What is considered personal information? "Personal information" covers all information that can be used to identify a person. For instance, first- and surname, address, e-mail address or other contact information is considered personal information.
How is my personal information processed? The Munch Museum is responsible for processing the information in accordance with current rules and regulations regarding protection of personal information. We wish to provide you with the greatest possible experience when using our services, and here you will find a summary of how we treat your personal information in accordance with the Norwegian law, which encompasses the EU regulation of 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, from here on called "GDPR").
The following is a list of the personal information we process:
- Personal information you provide when creating and updating your user profile, such as name, phone number and e-mail address.
- Personal information you provide when you subscribe to The Munch Museum's newsletter or invitation to events, such as e-mail address, name and phone number.
- Information you provide when purchasing tickets or other products through our website, such as which tickets you place in the online shopping cart.
- Information about which pages you visit and general behaviour on the website.
- Information via cookies.
Which purpose is my personal information used for? By providing your personal information, you consent to The Munch Museum using the information to deliver the service you expect when using our online features.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To create and update your personal user account
- To send invitations and newsletters (if you have selected to receive these e-mails)
- To be able to analyse how you use Munchmuseet.no, and to be able to develop the website
Where is my personal information stored? All of your personal information is stored within the EU/EEA, but some of our suppliers have technical support services placed outside of the EU/EEA. If these support services are used, processing of your personal information will be regulated in accordance with the EU/EEA standard agreement regarding information transfer to third party countries or other approved transfer procedures.
How can I manage my personal information? You can choose to edit your personal information at any time. You can either do this yourself, provided you have a user account in our online ticket system, or you can contact The Munch Museum for assistance.
- You have a right to request access to your personal information if you wish to review it.
- You have a right to request correction of any personal information that is incorrect.
- You have a right to request deletion of your personal information, provided we are not required by law to keep it stored.
- You have a right to request limitations to the processing of your personal information.
- You will receive a notification from us if we edit or delete your personal information, or if a limitation of the processing of your personal information is implemented.
- You have the opportunity to demand receival of your personal information encompassed in a structured, generally accessible digital format, and to bring your personal information to a different business. This only applies to information you have actively chosen to provide.
- You have a right to notify us if you believe we are not processing your personal information correctly.
Who can access my personal information? Your personal information is only processed by authorised personell acting in accordance with their occupational position. The professionals this applies to are required to only access or process the data for the specific and legitimate purpose for which they are collected.
How do you protect my personal information? We store your personal information in our operative data bases. These employ standard security measures to prohibit unauthorised access. We follow general standards to protect personal and sensitive information.
Purchases by credit or debit card: We cooperate with an authorised payment service to enable purchases by credit or debit card in order to ensure that the card in question is valid. Our payment provider processes the card information correctly in accordance with the international security standard PCI DSS, developed by the card companies VISA, MasterCard, Diners, American Express and JCB. This ensures that your card information is processed in a secured manner. When you make a purchase with a credit or debit card, we reserve the right to perform a security check. Any communication is encrypted, ensuring that nobody can intercept it and collect any information you provide.
Copyright: The content on this website is copyright protected and belongs to The Munch Museum.