The Munch Museum's library is a research library that manages the collection, including all documentation and accrued knowledge about Edvard Munch, and makes it available for in-house as well as external research.
library's collections consist of:
- Literature pertaining to Edvard Munch: Books, dissertations, articles and exhibition catalogues
- Edvard Munch's private library
- Literature pertaining to visual art ca. 1850–1950, roughly 30 000 volumes
- Transcriptions of Munch's correspondence, journals and notes
- Newspaper clippings that cover Edvard Munch's lifetime
- A extensive collection of documentary photographs: from Munch's life, his portraits and exhibitions
1 September–31 May: 9 am–15 pm
1 June–31 August: 9 am–14 pm
Open Tuesday to Friday. Closed Monday. The library is closed throughout July.
email@example.com | (+47) 23 49 35 00